Audition to be part of the Art
Check back summer 2017 for future opportunities to be a part of PASEO 2017
Some of The PASEO 2016 artists are seeking help with their installations: moving bodies, cyclists, and, believe it or not, house plants. Here are the want ads:
Help Wanted For Bodies in Urban Space by Willi Dorner, a dance company
Call for participants in Bodies in Urban Spaces, choreographed for a group of performers who will lead the audience through a route of public and semi-public spaces. The performance will take approximately 45 minutes and will require a full week of rehearsals the week between the audition and The PASEO. The rehearsal schedule will be set after participants are selected, most likely September 19-22 at Taos Youth Ballet on 1027 Salazar Road (corner of Canon West). Audition for Bodies in Urban Space: September 17, 11:00am at Taos Youth Ballet, 1027 Salazar Road. Performances on September 23 and 24, two each evening between 5:00 and 10:00pm.
Help Wanted For BLINK by Ashcan Orchestra
Call for Bike Performers: BLINK is a participatory performance that gathers the town’s seasoned and casual cyclists to perform a piece with bicycle bells. Riders will be given selected pitches and will follow cues transmitted by a series of lights attached to the backs of two lead bicyclists. The lights on each lead bike are pre-programmed with an identical melody, the pace of which is controlled by the speed of the two main riders. Through the piece, riders collaborate with each other and generate music that interacts with the soundscapes of the area.
• BLINK will be performed twice nightly at 7:30 and 9pm, Friday and Saturday, Sept 23rd and 24th. 50 people max.
• Performers are asked to meet 30 mins PRIOR to the show at the TCA – specifically meet to the right of the building, the side facing the Taos Inn.
• Performers will be asked to help in attaching a bell to their handle bars and getting trained by the artist of what the performance will be.
• Basically, the participants on the bikes will be instructed by the artist to ring their bell as specific times, notated by the artists helmet lighting devices.
• The piece will last approx 30 minutes and end at the Guadalupe Gym.
• All ages are encouraged.
• NOTE: at the end of the performance, participants are asked to removed and return their bells..UNLESS they intend to join us again for future performances.
Sign up here. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Help Wanted For The Talking Trees of Taos by Adrienne Adar
Open Call Audition for House Plants! The Paseo Art Festival
Info Kiosk Taos Plaza, Thursday, Sept. 22, 3 – 6pm
Does your plant speak to you? Hear what it’s trying to say. Open call PLANT AUDITION for all potted houseplants, the bigger the better! Whether green, succulent, cactus, all welcome (six inches tall or more; please, no flowers). PLANT AUDITION – winners will be showcased at The Paseo Art Outdoor Art Festival, Taos Plaza, Friday, Sept. 23 – Sat. Sept. 24.